Vegan | Gluten free | Serves 1
- 2 slices soft gluten free bread
- ½ avocado
- 1 tablespoon basil pesto
- Roasted red bell pepper (jarred is fine)
- Cucumber, sliced into thin rounds
- Thinly sliced red onion
- 6 pitted kalamata olives, thinly sliced
- Handful spring mix
- Balsamic reduction or regular balsamic vinegar
- Pit and peel the avocado half and mash it with a fork. Use a butter knife to spread avocado on one slice of bread. Spread a layer of pesto on the other slice of bread.
- Top the avocado bread with a single layer of roasted red bell pepper. Then add a layer of cucumber slices, red onion, olives and spring mix. Use a spoon to sprinkle some balsamic reduction over the lettuce. Place the pesto slice on top, pesto side down.